Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's Hammer Time


I have spawned the birth of a consuming obsession to vintage. Somehow the best of me has been secretly overpowered with emotion at the sound of flohmarkts (flea marts). I'm determined to scavenger hunt my way through every flea market of every town I come in contact with. Along with the fact that for the remainder of this year I'll be mostly income less, "going flea" won't make a hole in my pocket. However I couldn't resist on an almost intact pair of dropped crotch pants, riding in from the 1980s timemachine directly to my PC screen. Funnily enough, the pair I had when this was a sad fad (somewhere in 03) I threw out days before embarking to Germany, only to discover a month after my arrival that they riveted their way back to the catwalks and down to RTW. I guess it's time to lose those skinny jeans and loosen things up. Although my purchase was not at an actual mart per se... I still feel it was like rifling through merchandise to get that perfect piece. My mouse just couldn't walk away without clicking on that "make an offer" button on eBay, and now practically a month later, 33% off the original price, a trip to the tax office, and opening my package like if I was a prison inmate, my first piece of bought vintage. Now if the rain would go away and I could think of what to match it with, it would definitely be hammer time. Kudos to that French editor who inspired this SS09's comeback. Très chic
indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment